An award? Me?!!
Thank you to http://bothabunch.wordpress.com for bestowing this mighty accolade on me and my fledgling blog. I’m glad you’ve spotted it in its early stages before I’ve run out of things to say.
To deem myself worthy, I apparently need to tell seven secrets about myself. This might be quite difficult as I’ve already revealed enough secrets as it is. Here goes though…
- I spend every evening in a special sleeping bag which tightens at the top so you can wear it as a very flattering strapless dress; and conveniently unzips at the bottom so you can toddle about. Once my ex housemate joined me in it (a tight squeeze) and we tottered down the road to the off license to buy cider and sweets. No one so much as raised an eyebrow at our strange attire. Apparently when you only leave the house in fancy dress or pyjamas, the addition of a (barely) two-man sleeping bag dress is not worth notice. On the other hand, perhaps the shopkeeper felt sorry for us – we’d previously been in there connected together by loo-roll for our ‘Siamese twins Mummy’ Halloween costume; so he might have thought we were just born that way.
- I get excited each time I see an interesting time on a digital clock – ooh there’s one right now in fact! Unfortunately I have quite a low bar when it comes to exciting things, so pretty much any time qualifies as being interesting. My faves are 11:11, 22:22, 12:34 1:23 (but I am getting increasingly concerned at the number of times I look at my phone to see it’s 9:11).
- On the same subject, I took a photo of my car milometer when it reached 99999 miles, and sent it to a number of friends…who, to my surprise, all feigned indifference (who wouldn’t be caught up by such a momentous event?!).
- A lot of the lights in my flat are operated by two or three different switches. It annoys me when they’re switched the wrong way. Gosh, I’d never considered how many OCD traits I have.
- Oh one more along the same sort of lines: I hate when people put the toilet paper the wrong way round (it has to go over the top, away from the wall). If I see one ‘the wrong way’, I will change it; no matter how much of a rush I’m in; whose house I am in; and how inappropriate it would be if they realised.
- My little brother and I used to call each other imaginative names (in jest) to get around my parents’ no-swearing policy. This morning, instead of calling Sam a ‘little cheeky monkey’, I said ‘Oh you little bar steward!’ Totally came out of nowhere! I wasn’t even cross – he was being really cute! Luckily he hasn’t repeated it back to me (yet).
- When I make something that doesn’t turn out quite like the picture (crafts/baking), I always say that Sam helped me with it. Unfortunately today Sam dobbed me in, and I had to admit my baking was done after he’d gone to bed. Oh how I wish he’d stay young!
Now the fact that I had to contribute those details after the award was given does rather put into question whether it was indeed an award. Unless the above counts as my acceptance speech…? Either way, thank you http://bothabunch.wordpress.com for thinking of me; as ever I am very flattered and bewildered to have my blog read by someone other than the pushy friends who cajoled me into doing it in the first place!
I now have to tag 15 people whose blogs I like. They’re all brilliant bloggers and have probably received this award plenty of times already:
- http://photosbymartina.wordpress.com/ (through pictures perhaps?)
I know that’s not 15 but I’m very new to all this and can’t work out how to see which blogs I’m following that aren’t on WordPress. Also look like such a fool having to put the links as full addresses rather than names. Need someone to blog tutor me at some point!